I have been really agitated and short tempered. I feel as if I could crawl out of my skin, I can not sit still I have to be moving, such as jiggling my leg. I get really emotional, feel really sad. I have never really had issues with anxiety and depression, but now I am and I am wondering if it is because of the hormone changes or am I going crazy. I have been like this for about 3 to 4 months, and it is paying havoc on my marriage, as it is really hard to explain what I am going through to my husband, and he thinks it is something that he is doing. How do you get your husband to understand what you are going through?

Views: 2945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Menopause does come along with some less-than-desirable side effects, including the ones you mentioned above. I'd definitely schedule a trip to the doctor to get some in-person guidance. Are you having trouble sleeping (a side effect of menopause)? If you are, maybe that's the reason for some of the other issues? Here are some tips on how to make your bedroom a menopausal haven, just in case:

• Cool off your room. Install an overhead fan or buy a standing fan and aim it right at the bed. Open a window or lower the air conditioner. If your partner is too cold, toss him or her an extra blanket.

• Go natural. Either sleep in the nude, with just a thin sheet covering you, or stick to light, all-cotton or all-silk sleep clothes.

Want more tips? Check out our menopause center, here.

Yes I am having issues with sleeping as have been having heart palpitations, I  did have those checked out by a physician. I have had an increase in my blood pressure as well, she is contributing this to menopause and the flight or fight something to that. I am suppose to return to determine if we are going to test my hormone levels, all I know is that I feel like someone that I don't know right now. It is really hard to explain what I am feeling to my husband , who for some reason thinks I am not happy with him

Maybe if you bring your husband with you to the doctor he can gain a better perspective? I know when I was pregnant, I loved having my husband go to the doctor with me. It helped him understand how to best help me. And, yes, deal with some hormonal issues. I hope your next trip to the doctor is productive and you feel like yourself again. Keep us posted on how you're doing! 

I'm going through menopause, too, and all those symptoms and changing hormones can be tough. Mood swings are very common. Mine were actually worse in my 30s and 40s when I had PMS ... sometimes my husband just had to get away for a bit, because I was so crazed. But menopause can trigger feelings like you describe, too -- and even though those feelings may be a normal part of menopause, they don't feel normal! And there are various treatments for various symptoms. Doctors don't prescribe hormone therapy as often as they used to, because of some possible side effects, but it is still considered a safe and appropriate treatment for many women going through menopause. Find out more about the pros and cons of hormone therapy, here.
As Vera says, continue talking with your doctor, and if you're not getting the help you need, consider finding a new doctor. Some aren't experienced in dealing with menopausal issues. There are lots of things you can try to alleviate symptoms, from exercising more to sleeping more to going on medications (for depression, anxiety or other symptoms).  Each woman is unique. Exercising and dressing in layers probably helped me more than anything -- but you may need something entirely different. Keep us posted on your experiences.

And try to keep the lines of communication open with your husband. Maybe he'd be willing to go for walks or bike rides with you to see if that helps you feel better -- and it might give you some quality time together.

It is very hard for husbands to understand and for some reason they do think it is them.  Continue to talk to your man and let him know you are being proactive (like talking here) and that it is a one day at a time thing.  I have had the same anxiety issues and found some medication and Yoga to be very helpful,  I can't say enough about a good Yoga practice.  I do it daily and  feel so different when I miss my practice.  I feel for you

Totally agree that exercise (love yoga!) can seem to balance everything else out. Good suggesiton. 

Yes, absolutely,....Menopause is when a woman’s menstrual period stops permanently. Periods can stop for a while and then start again, so a woman is considered to have been through menopause only after one year without periods. Read on to learn what to expect and ways to stay strong and healthy in the years around menopause.

Irritation is one of the symptoms...of menopause...my sister is going through the same phase of life.She often sweats and gets easily pissed of.These symptoms occur due to hormonal changes taking place in the body.You could talk to him properly..and explain him about the phase..take care.

Yes these are symptoms of menopause. The family has to be understanding for which a talk with the doctor will help. I don't know if it is our present day lifestyle, eating habits or stress that adds to it. My mother went through menopause at 50 without any symptoms. On the other hand I had hot flushes and emotional upheaval during that phase. Chin up and 'this too shall pass...'

To begin with, menopause is not a disease; it is a period of transitioning from being fertile to end of fertility. Try to explain to your loved one what you’re going through, you’ll need to give your partner an overview of what you’re experiencing on a physical and emotional level in order to maintain a healthy relationship. Spouses need to know the facts about menopause, providing emotional support for the wife during menopause can be one of the most important things that every partner can do. 

A critical side effect of menopause is low libido, and its something you'll have to address with you accomplice. You'll have to clarify that your diminished enthusiasm for sex is a typical after effect of menopause, and ought not result in blame or disgrace inside your marriage. How you instruct about menopause to your accomplice will rely on upon your qualities and shortcomings as a couple. You may feel more good displaying menopause in a more removed and clinical way, clarifying how changing hormone levels show themselves in different physical and mental courses for women in general. By opening up and letting your mate in on what you're encountering, you can take your relationship to new statures.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service