Hey, Nifty Fifties,

I know many of you are beyond perimenopause, but I recently saw a statement from an expert on menopause that said the first sign of perimenopause is menstrual cycle irregularity -- where your period can show up an entire week early or late. She said that as you progress into late perimenopause, your menstrual cycles become longer, and you may go as long as 60 days without a period. The article went on to say that during this time women may start to have hot flashes, fatigue, irritability or weight gain. It also quoted another expert as saying the hot flashes and other symptoms of perimenopause would only be during the time of month when you're having your period.

This was not my experience at all! I maintained periods that were as regular as clockwork until I about 1 1/2 years ago (age 55). Some were occasionally heavier or longer than normal, but, overall, they were pretty normal -- and always right on schedule. (They still are regular, only now I seem to be on a 90-day cycle ... will it ever end?) I started having night sweats about 5-7 years ago and daytime hot flashes maybe 3 or 4 years ago, and I don't think there was any link to what time of month they occurred.

Just curious ... was menstrual cycle irregularity the first sign of perimenopause for the rest of you? My guess is everyone's experience is different.

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The symptoms of perimenopause or premature menopause are for the most part the same that ladies going through natural menopause experience. Irregular menstrual cycles and missed periods are typically the first indicator. Other common signs incorporate menstrual flows that are heavier or lighter than ordinary, hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. At whatever point any of these manifestations present themselves before the normal time of menopause, which is harshly between 40-59, it is reason to look for medicinal consideration for a legitimate judgment.

Menopause is defined as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman's life when the function of the ovaries ceases. The process of menopause does not occur overnight, but rather is a gradual process. This so-called peri-menopausal transition period is a different experience for each woman. During that period various changes can occurs in the body. To overcome this symptoms there are lots of menopausal supplements such as estroven available in the market which actually work.

During perimenopause, symptoms begin to happen, and their seriousness is distinctive for each lady. However, approximately 30% of ladies won't encounter any indications in the time paving the way to menopause. At the point when menopause symptoms begin, they can be fairly mellow and simple to manage. In any case, for some ladies, menopause side effects turn into a genuine aggravation. At the point when this happens, there are different approaches to manage your menopause indications. Begin by consuming all the more healthy and exercising consistently

RSS

© 2017   Created by Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service